Ψ Note: These questions are part of a larger data base of questions on Chapter 11 & are selected to represent the type of question you should expect on unit four. You can, in fact, expect to see many of these very same questions on that exam. Exam questions, however, may deal with topics not covered in the self tests or in lectures but are discussed in your textbook. You are responsible for the content of your text book plus the content of lectures, interactive activities, & material on the web site.
Use these sample questions to test yourself & to practice for the test. Click on your choice to see if you are right.
1. Compared to a preschool child, a school age child is
2. 10 year old Kim can probably throw a ball ____________ she could when she was six.
3. A child is “overweight” if he or she
4. To determine BMI, divide the person's weight in
5. Kyle is 10, his activity level is influenced by
6. Ruth is an obese 10 - year old. Her parents first step should be to
7. Asthma is probably not caused by
8. The athletic skills that are most difficult for 8 year olds require
9. Obesity & asthma are
10. Aptitude tests measure
11. Achievement tests are to aptitude test as
12. About 2/3 of those who take IQ test score between 85 and
13. Which of the following is not one of the 3 types of intelligence described by Sternberg?
14. To diagnose a disability you would look
15. People that have Asperger syndrome
16. The best way to help autistic children is to
17. 10 year old Kyle has an average IQ but reads at the 1st grade level. Kyle probably has
18. Dyscalcula is to dyslexia as math is to
19. The main symptom of ADHD is
20. Psychoactive drugs that are given to hyperactive children
21. Childhood obesity is caused by
22. Asthma is aggravated by
23. Autism is characterized by
24. ADHD can cause
25. Which of the following is not a basic lesson of developmental psychopathology?