Ψ Note: These questions are part of a larger data base of questions on Chapter 12 & are selected to represent the type of question you should expect on unit four. You can, in fact, expect to see many of these very same questions on that exam. Exam questions, however, may deal with topics not covered in the self tests or in lectures but are discussed in your textbook. You are responsible for the content of your text book plus the content of lectures, interactive activities, & material on the web site.
Use these sample questions to test yourself & to practice for the test. Click on your choice to see if you are right.
1. Compared to younger children, children over 6 are
2. Information-processing theory likens many aspects of human thinking to
3. Ignoring distractions & focusing on essential information is called
4. Which of the following is the best example of automatization?
• Kurt concentrates intensely while tying his shoes.
5. Metacognition refers to
6. All information in the sensory register
7. When capable of concrete operational thought, Children
8. The Piagetian concept that certain characteristics of an object remain the same despite changes in the object's appearance is
9. Because she understands reversibility, Lillian believes that
10. Which information is most likely to be in your current working memory?
11. In the ESL approach
Lifespan Growth & Development|
Robert C. Gates
He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore.
- Sigmund Freud