Ψ Note: These questions are part of a larger data base of questions on Chapter 17. The questions are selected to represent the type of question you should expect on unit exam six. You can, in fact, expect to see many of these very same questions on that exam. Exam questions, however, may deal with topics not covered in the self tests or in lectures but are discussed in your textbook. You are responsible for the content of your text book plus the content of lectures, interactive activities, & material on the web site.
Use these sample questions to test yourself & to practice for the test. Click on your choice to see if you are right.
4. An example of homeostasis is
the decline in maximum heart rate with age.
5. The term "organ reserve" refers to
a decline in functioning of major organs.
6. As we age, the resting heart rate
7. Decline in sexual activity is
• not age related.
12. Some occupations or recreational activities involve a greater degree of risk or danger. The prospect of "living on the edge" makes which of the following compelling to some individuals?
13. Ingestion of a drug, no matter how much is called
14. Most marijuana smokers & cocaine users quit by the age of
15. The single most important factor correlating with drug abuse is
16. Because the set point for a person's body weight is not rigidly fixed, which of the following terms might better be used?
17. The person most likely to have anorexia nervosa is
18. Ruth does eating binges & then vomits, She is suffering from
19. According to epigenetic theory, eating disorders can be explained by
the inability of the daughter to physically separate from the mother.
a women's desire to complete with men by projection of a male image.
a girl's avoidance of stresses of puberty that include developing
a womanly body.
Lifespan Growth & Development|
Robert C. Gates
The first human who hurled an insult instead of a stone was the founder of civilization.
- Sigmund Freud