Ψ Note: These questions are part of a larger data base of questions on Chapter 20. The questions are selected to represent the type of question you should expect on unit exam seven. You can, in fact, expect to see many of these very same questions on that exam. Exam questions, however, may deal with topics not covered in the self tests or in lectures but are discussed in your textbook. You are responsible for the content of your text book plus the content of lectures, interactive activities, & material on the web site.
Use these sample questions to test yourself & to practice for the test. Click on your choice to see if you are right.
1. In middle adulthood, a person is most likely to lose
• the ability to run more than a mile.
3. Often the 1st sign of hearing loss in middle adulthood is
4. Most visual losses in middle adulthood
5. In its early stages, glaucoma
6. The immune system begins to decline in
7. Sugar in the urine is sign that a person has
8. All smoking diseases are
9. The disease most closely linked with heavy drinking is
10. Which is not a benefit of regular exercise?
11. The most reliable international statistic regarding health is
12. One measure of health is morbidity, which
13. Which is most costly to society?
14. Combining survival with the vitality of survival yields a measure called
15. In middle age, compared to men, women have
Growth & Development|
Robert C. Gates
The tendency to aggression is an innate, independent, instinctual disposition in man... it constitutes the powerful obstacle to culture.
- Sigmund Freud