Ψ Note: These questions are part of a larger data base of questions on Chapter 3 & are selected to represent the type of question you should expect on unit exam one. You can, in fact, expect to see many of these very same questions on that exam. Exam questions, however, may deal with topics not covered in the self tests or in lectures but are discussed in your textbook. You are responsible for the content of your text book plus the content of lectures, interactive activities, & material on the web site.
Use these sample questions to test yourself & to practice for the test. Click on your choice to see if you are right.
3. The determining factor in a zygote's sex is
4. Monozygotic twins
5. Genes are segments of molecules of:
6. The dominant-recessive pattern is
7. Most of the known genetic traits are:
8. Boys can inherit an X-linked trait from their
9. Which of the following is a predisposing factor for schizophrenia?
birth during late winter.
10. Trisomy - 21 is called
11. A karyotype
12. The sum total of all the genes a person inherits is called
13. Suppose a particular couple has a 50/50 chance of having a child with abnormalities. Who makes the decision about having the baby?
14. The expression of shyness depends on
15. In the male, the 23rd pair of chromosomes is designated ____ ; in the female its designated ____.
16. When a zygote splits, the two identical, independent clusters that develop become;
17. Genotype is to phenotype as ________ is to ________.
18. The genes that influence height & skin color interact according to the ______ pattern.
19. If a man carries the recessive gene for cystic fibrosis & his wife does not, the chances of their offspring having cystic fibrosis is;
Lifespan Growth & Development|
Robert C. Gates
How bold one gets when one is sure of being loved!
- Sigmund Freud