Ψ Until adulthood, most people don't make major decisions alone. They are more likely to be influenced by parents (family), teachers, cultural values, or struck by inertia.
Ψ Adolescents need protection from poor judgments because:
• they have difficulty weighing risk against opportunity.
• for them immediate gratifications override long term consequences.
• the consequences of their choices are more serious. (choices are long-lasting).
Choosing Risky Sex
• Sexually Transmitted Diseases
• Unwanted Pregnancy
• The danger of Intense Commitment.
There IS a Need for Better Sex Education.